Tuesday, September 11, 2012

OCC Lip Tar Review & Swatches!

Today’s review is on the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) lip tars. I bought my first lip tars at IMATS Sydney 2011, and using them is so much fun. The three colours I’m doing a review on today are Banjee, Grandma and Narcissus, which are 2 pinks and an orange.



OCC Lip Tars: Narcissus, Grandma, Banjee
OCC really put a new meaning to “a little goes a long way”. To cover your lips you only need a blob that is maybe a third of the size of a pea. And that will cover it extremely well. The lip tars come in so many colours that you can mix to make new colours. Lip tars are pretty much paint for your lips. The formula is similar to paint, but it’s a little thinner, but color payoff is pretty much exactly the same if you were to paint your lips.
 
OCC Lip Tar: Grandma
OCC Lip Tar: Narcissus
OCC Lip Tar: Banjee
The packaging is cute, it’s like the old school lip gloss tubes you squeeze out onto your lips and swipe it across. I wouldn’t recommend doing that with the lip tars, they are extremely pigmented and if you squeeze too much on there it will just end up a mess. The best way I find to apply these is the squirt out a little bit so its sitting flat onto the applicator and then taking a lip brush just apply it that way. OCC are cruelty free which is another bonus for me.
 
The lip tars last agers!  I wouldn’t hesitate to say they’d last all day. They dry as if it were paint and don’t move without a wet one or some makeup remover. So if you’re in a stage show for a couple of hours, I recommend using the lip tars because you will not have to touch up! Have any of you tried them? What is your favourite color/color combination? Let me know :)

 

Love you guys xo

No comments:

Post a Comment