Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Maybelline FITme! Foundation Review

Today’s review is on Maybelline’s FITme! foundation. I bought this foundation a few months ago in a gift pack along with its matching powder and concealer. I bought the set for $20AUD which was an absolute steal as all 3 products separately would equal to about $45AUD. Id wanted this foundation for quite a while, but I just never got around to purchasing it until I found this pack.
 
The packaging is great, I think it’s classy and really simple. It has a glass bottle and a plastic lid, so be careful when applying it in the bathroom. Although there isn’t a pump on the bottle. I usually like foundations with a pump or be able to squeeze it out of something but this one is just open so the lid does get really messy if you don’t clean up after applying it to your hand or whatever. To avoid mess, I use a spatula and stick about a 10 cent piece size on my hand and that will cover my entire face.
 
 
The shade I bought was the 120 and I found it a little dark for me, I have white skin with lots of freckles and I found this one was a tad too orange for my skin, but I will definitely be using this during the summer time. Along with the foundation the concealer was dark for me as well, although I found that the powder was a perfect match for me. A great bonus about this foundation is that it comes in so many shades and in different tones as well. Some are more yellow toned and others are red toned.
 
The coverage for this foundation is really good, its lightweight and it has an SPF of 18, so I wouldn’t recommend wearing this foundation if you are going to be having flash photography taken of yourself as the SPF does reflect light and makes you look 10x as white. The formula wouldn’t be suitable for people with oily skin as well, as I found that it will slide right off after only wearing it for a short while. So if you have oily skin, I’d give this foundation a miss. If you have a lot of skin problems and want more coverage I wouldn’t recommend this to cover blemishes. I found that this gives a nice thin lightweight coat for color. If you have great skin then I’d definitely recommend this to you.
 
 
Have you tried this foundation? Does it work well for you?

love you guys xo

No comments:

Post a Comment